Friday, January 6, 2012

These Children Must Have Been Very Good

We were certainly excited in the days leading up to Christmas.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We hosted a Christmas Eve dinner at our home with Dirck's parents and his sister. The kids opened presents after dinner. My boy got a much coveted Nerf gun. He has asked for this gun for about a year now, and his Dad and I kept telling him he had to wait until he was older.  Well, Grandma and Grandpa came through for him, and he's now the proud owner of his very own Nerf gun. I think he slept with it that first night.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Christmas morning came, and Santa was very, very good to these children.
Before the kids woke:

Photobucket

After the kids woke:

Photobucket

My little lady told Santa she wanted a princess house. He brought her a doll/princess house, and she has played with her house and little family every day. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

My boy asked Santa for a Batman house and some Legos. Santa came through for him, and he was pleased as punch on Christmas morning. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

Dirck and I got the kids some bikes. We only had one tricycle, and our boy has pretty much outgrown it, and the little lady isn't far behind. We figured it was time.  My boy hopped on and took off. Little lady here was a little apprehensive about her bike, but was happy and loving it once she got the hang of it.

Photobucket

And another big hit around the house is a microphone that was given to her by her cousin. We've listened to her version of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" many, many times as well as a few original compositions. She loves to sing, and it's been fun to see her get into the showmanship of it all.

Photobucket

The day after Christmas, the kids and I left for Mississippi to spend some time with my family. I'll have to post some of those pictures later. 

All-in-all, a wonderful holiday. Yes, these children are far too spoiled, but it's fun to be able to spoil them. I loved watching their reactions on Christmas day. Their presents were as much fun for me (and Dirck too) as it was for them.

No comments: