Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer Vacation

We headed down to Florida to hang out at the Beach for a week, but along the way, we stopped in Mississippi and visited with my family. The trip to Mississippi is a long drive . . . I mean a REALLY LONG drive. I do have to say that for the entire 11 hours, these kiddos were good troopers. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Oh, and driving through the Mississippi Delta at night will leave your window looking like this . . . and for the record, those bug guts are very, very hard to wash off. Photobucket

Once we got to Mississippi, my boy lost his first tooth! He was pretty excited & the tooth fairy left him a very generous donation for this first tooth! Photobucket

We loved visiting with family while we were there. Uncle Allen helped us fish in his pond. Photobucket

We got to visit and play with our cute cousin - Carey Beth. Photobucket

My boy got to "drive" this tractor. Photobucket

And I just love seeing my kiddos with my Papaw - he's their great-grandfather, and I'd swear he loves them more and more each time we see him! PhotobucketPhotobucket

Just like everytime we head home, it's never long enough. I'm so glad my children will have these memories of Mississippi. We left here and traveled the last 7 hours of the trip down to Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. More to come in a later post.

Happy day!

No comments: