Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pretty Things

Dirck and I just returned from a nice weekend get-a-way. I spent the weekend holed up in our room in Vegas with the last 2 Twilight books (thought I'd see what all the fuss was about, and yes, I liked them), and Dirck got crazy busy at the poker tables. You'd think in Vegas I would want to party like a rockstar, but sadly, I'm no rockstar . . .

with no aspirations of EVER being a rockstar . . .

or a star . . .

maybe a rock . . .

Anyhoo, I did make it out of the amazingly deep soaking tub and crazy high thread count sheets and fluffy sink-into-and-get-lost down pillows to eat some great food with my hubby and to walk around with my little camera.

Photobucket

This was a beautiful mosaic mural on the wall in our hotel lobby. I couldn't stop staring at it . . . the time it took to do this, the thought and skill to get it artistically "right." I just thought it was beautiful and wanted to share.
Hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Really,really beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!