Saturday, February 20, 2010

February's Self Portrait

Me and my boy.

Right before jammies.

Right before bedtime stories.

Just winding down for the night.

Photobucket

I gave myself a little present this Christmas - a wireless shutter remote for my camera. I'm going to ATTEMPT to take at least one picture of myself a month. I'm forgetful though, so we will see how long this lasts.

There are so many technical things wrong with this picture. First of all, it was SEVERELY underexposed. I had to lighten and brighten to horrific ends in Photoshop just to make it decent. Also, my ISO was as high as it could go, and although I LOVE my Noiseware program for grain, when your camera is as grainy as mine at high ISO, Noiseware can make the image look pieced and patched in places.

That being said . . .

I

LOVE

THIS

PICTURE.

I love my little man's zoned out expression. I love the little curl of hair on his forehead. I love the big-boy undies peeking out from under his blue jeans. I love the moment - everything about it - and really, it's the moments that I enjoy capturing the most.

6 comments:

Yelena R. said...

Such a beautiful photo! It's so great that you decided to take more self portraits...I think that's so important...it will give you precious captures like this!

Unknown said...

It really is a BEAUTIFUL picture of you and you little man! Precious!

April said...

You are soooo wise to make a point to be in pictures with your babies. I have been working on tossing my camera into other peoples hands and jumping into shots just to prove that I was too alive!

Marcina said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your little guy! Super cute :)

Jessica said...

So. Totally. Beautiful. The sweetest mommy moments never get caputured on camera... but this one- so precious!! Love it.

Do you ever use Lightroom? Do you like it?

Nice to see you guys again- I've been off the radar for a while :)

Jayme said...

Well said... I love this shot too! Makes me wish I had more with my children in our tender moments. Maybe that will be a new goal of mine. Thanks for inspiring me! You're pictures are truly beautiful. So natural and in the moment... well done!