Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Petting Zoo

Saturday was a GORGEOUS day here! It wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold - just PERFECT - unlike any July we have ever had. We took advantage of the cool weather and went to the petting zoo. We packed a picnic lunch and ate when we got there and then headed off the see the animals and play, play, play. I'm always so happy when I'm with my little ones - they continue to surprise me by being SO GOOD when we do things like this. I prepare myself to think it's gonna be all chaos and craziness, but it always seems to be such a nice time. I'm one lucky momma!!!!

We stopped for lunch first. My boy LOVED that peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Photobucket

Our next stop was the baby goats, and really, this is where my kids had the best time. They could run around with the goats and pet them. My boy kept trying to feed the goats rocks - they didn't really go for that!

Photobucket

You could purchase bottles to feed the baby goats, but I didn't do this. My girl kept eyeing those bottles and would try to take them from the goats. Everyone thought she was just being cute and trying to feed the babies, but I knew she wanted one of those bottles for herself!

Photobucket

My two really liked this cowbell collection. Some kids climb it, but my kids just liked ringing all the different bells. My boy, of course, had to figure out how these bells worked.

Photobucket

This little place is quickly becoming my favorite weekend spot with the kids. There were a few things there that they are just too little for right now (like tractor pedal cars - the boy REALLY wanted to ride those, but can't quite reach the pedals), and as they get bigger, I know they will continue to find it more fun and interesting.

2 comments:

Taffy said...

Where is this at? It isn't at the KC Zoo I don't think. I can't believe you were so mean and didn't let him ride the tractor cars! I mean, really, couldn't you pedal for him ;o) Any news from CMH yet?

Taffy said...

Hey, whenever you have time, you need to go to Lorenza's blog and look at her post from yesterday. She got her package! I hope you guys are having a great time and that the car ride wasn't too bad.