Monday, June 8, 2009

A Family Trip

In March, we headed down to Mississippi to see my family. I grew up in a small town and my Papaw still lives on the same dairy farm that he always has. I grew up about a mile down the road, so I guess you can say I'm a farm girl too . . . . kinda . . . . sorta. . . . but the smell of cow poop and silage isn't my favorite smell (nor has it ever been, which may explain why I live in the city now!). Here are a few images that I captured while we were in the country at my Papaw's farm.

Here's my son playing with a toy truck that was my father's truck. My Papaw gave it to him while we were there, and he LOVED IT!

Here's a close-up of the truck with all the little twigs and sticks in the back that my son felt needed to be in there - It IS a work truck after all. I love the aged and rusted appearance of this truck. My son calls it his "dirty truck" which I think is adorable of course.

Here's my girl just being, well . . . cute. It's what she does best! Since this was early March, and there were no flowers in the Midwest, I just had to snap a picture.
Oh, she's clapping here! So happy to be outside where it's warm and sunny!

My son again - this time he's driving the Gator - He was and still is OBSESSED with this. It's kinda like an all-terrain golf-cart, but bigger.

This is my cousin jumping hay bales at my Papaw's house. Ahhhhh . . . . life in the country.
And THIS is my favorite shot of them all. My two guys walking hand-in-hand, contemplating life, having a father/son moment, just being themselves, and I was lucky to capture it!

For more Vacation stories, head on over to I Faces to see more pictures and fun times!

1 comment:

Herb of Grace said...

Aaaack! That last one just jumped up and grabbed my heart! Such lovely pics. My vacay theme is on our trip home to my parents farm, too. I love the country :)