Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Babies

Let's not forget our first babies. The first ones we cuddled and held when they were crying. The first ones we potty trained. The first ones we snuggled with all night. The ones that helped teach us how to love and love and love . . .

Photobucket

Yes, these are my fur-babies - Maddie here on the left, and Scout here on the right. Maddie will be 10 years old next month. That's hard to believe. She's my odd little girl - she eats, she hides, she comes out when she wants to - Dirck says she's our cat in K9 form. Scout is 8 now, and we still call her our puppy. She will let my little ones do anything to her. She just loves attention, and is happy to get it in any shape, form or fashion.

I owe quite a bit to these girls. They've taught me a lot through the years - like not to leave my shoes out on the floor when I'm away from the house. But seriously, I've learned a lot about the unconditional love of animals, and I think this transfers very well into the realm of motherhood.

My sweet little puppies. My sweet, sweet little puppies . . . yes, they will forever be puppies to me.

1 comment:

ssefchick said...

You're right Marla! The unconditional love of animals transfers right into motherhood. Great pics (as always) and I don't think I ever told you, but I LOVE your blog. You take amazing pictures and you have a great voice to go along with them.