Monday, February 28, 2011

February Recap

A short month, but a fun one. Man, we were busy around here.

We started the month with 2 snow days for all of us! We spent most of that time holed up inside staying warm, however we did venture out a few times for fun in the snow. The kiddos loved sledding this year.

In those 2 days of relaxing bliss, I thought I could pull off a month long online photography class. Wow, epic failure! I managed to post 2-3 of the assignments, but that was all. I think the extra days away from work gave me the false sense that I could do it all . . . Snow Days, I love ya, but that was just cruel!

We went to 2 birthday parties this month - one at an indoor kids play area and the other at a pony ranch. I know it's only a matter of time before my littles are asking to have true parties and not just the pizza, cake and ice-cream that we do here at home with family.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dirck and I had a date night this month. We even got a baby sitter (so rare)! It was great. We went downtown and had a nice dinner and then bellied up to the bar for some after-dinner beer. OK, maybe I should rephrase . . . does "went for cocktails after dinner" sound better? OK, the reality is that I had one measly beer, but it was good and I had time to actually enjoy. It was nice to be with Dirck away from home and the kiddos - reminded me of when we were dating, and goodness knows, that seems like forever ago.

We took the kiddos to an indoor arcade/ video game/ kid play area place earlier this month. Yep, they were a little young for most of the games, but Dirck had a good time showing the kids all the different games. There was a kids-only play area complete with train that my two munchkins really enjoyed. I'm sure we will go back again.

Photobucket

The weather this month has been crazy. CRAZY. We've had 75 degree weather and then had 35 degree weather the next day. We were part of the great 2011 "Snowpacolypse" earlier in the month, and just last night we had a crazy thunderstorm come through - just so darn unpredictable.

And, to wrap-up, we made it back to one of our favorite early morning breakfast joints - the doughnut shop. The kids get hats and chocolate milk and sugar frosted doughnuts while watching the doughnuts cook. What more could a kid ask for?

Photobucket

All-in-all, a great month. Now, wonder what March has in store for us?

No comments: