Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What He Does

I'm taking a little challenge this month as part of Kelly Willette's "Joy Of Love" series. The challenge is to find joy and love around you every day in the month of February. That seems appropriate, right? February is the month of love and also the shortest month of the year, so hopefully I'll be able to complete each day's assignment . . . maybe.

Each day will be a different challenge or topic. Today, the challenge is "What They Do," and my focus was my husband. I'm always trying to document the little things that my kiddos do that make me smile, and I rarely take the time to focus on my husband. There are many, many reasons why he makes me smile, and here's my attempt to document just a few of them.

Photobucket

1. He is a total gourmet chef. Seriously, he's good. He started making the majority of our dinners when I was pregnant with our first child. He did this to help make my life a little easier, and even after 2 kiddos, he still does the majority of the cooking. I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate and love this about him. Here he is making tonight's dinner - Beef Bourguignon (one of our favorites). You can find the recipe
here (we make the "poor-man's version" by substituting chuck roast for the fillet of beef).

2. He is an amazing father. He plays with our kids . . . really PLAYS with them. They adore him, and I adore that they adore him. Oh, and I adore him too! Here he is today pulling a combined 75 pounds of kiddos on the sled in the middle of some crazy snow and winds simply because they wanted to go out and play in the snow. And I know you can't really see this, but he's wearing my son's OLD hat because it is so cold, and he doesn't own a hat - the size on this hat is 18months - it just BARELY covered his ears and was the silliest thing. Wish I had a better picture of him in that hat!

3. Did I already say he's an amazing father? My husband will get a little play list together on his computer and play my son's requested songs while my daughter dances to the music (one of her favorite things). It's fun to watch. Here he is today going over their play list. My son crawled into his lap and wanted to see his Daddy's cd's that were sitting on the desk. Which reminds me of YET another reason I love him so . . . he's using those cd's to back up all my photos on the computer. How great is he?

No seriously, how great is he?

Now, don't you want to play along? There's still time to join. Just head on over to Kelly's site and sign up for all the fun!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great photos! I'm participating also. Unfortunately, my hubby who is also a great cook will be away for the next two weeks so I won't get to include any photos of him. :(

Jennifer said...

Awww...great post. What beautiful captures and great stories to go with them. Nicely done! I am also doing the Joy of Love. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your posting and pictures made me smile. He is a wonderful husband and father. You are blessed.